CRITERIA FOR OPERATIONS DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC FOR MANUFACTURERS, TRADING AND SERVICE PROVIDERS IN HO CHI MINH CITY
On 30 September 2021, the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee issued Directive 18/CT-UBND regarding the implementation of measures to prevent and control the COVID-19 pandemic and step-by-step economic recovery in Ho Chi Minh City (“Directive 18”). According to Section 4 of Appendix 1, attached to Directive 18,manufacturing, trade, business and service activities are allowed to operate, provided that they ensure compliance with the set of criteria for assessing safety against COVID-19 (“Set of Criteria”).
For offices of manufacturers, businesses and service providers in HCMC must comply with Appendix 5, attached to Decision No. 3328/QD-BCD dated 15 September 2021 of the Ho Chi Minh Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, stipulates criteria for assessing COVID-19 safety in manufacturing, business and commercial activities in HCMC (“Decision No. 3328”).
Each unit self-assesses and implements measures according to this Set of Criteria and take responsibility for the results of the assessment and notify the competent authorities for post-inspection. For units operating in export processing zones, industrial parks and high-tech zones, they shall notify the Management Board of the respective industrial park, export processing zones and hi-tech parks. For other units, the People’s Committees of districts and Thu Duc City shall be notified.
Units that do not meet the prescribed Set of Criteria are not allowed to operate and must take remedial measures and re-assessment. The following is the Set of Criteria:
1st criterion (TC1): Employees
- Employees of departments that have direct contact with external people shall have a “COVID Green Pass ”. Employees of other departments shall have at least a “COVID Green Pass (with limited access to certain activities) ”.
- Employees who return to the workplace for the first time shall have at least a “COVID Green Pass (with limited access to certain activities)” and have a negative SARS-CoV-2 test result (by quick test or RT-PCR) according to regulations of health authorities.
2nd criterion (TC2): Safety distances at the workplace
The distance between two seats in the working room, meeting room, guest room is at least 2 meters or there are partitions between two seats; the temperature in the room shall not be lower than 25°C.
3rd criterion (TC3): Inspection, supervision of COVID-19 prevention and control at the workplace
Staff are assigned to take body temperatures, supervise employees wearing facemasks, washing hands; maintain A safe distance of 2 meters and prevent employees and visitors from gathering at the entrance of the office.
There is an internal plan for implementation of anti-COVID measures at the office and inspection thereof; results are recorded and analyzed to make necessary improvements (if any).
4th criterion (TC4): Medical equipment and supply for COVID-19 prevention and control at the workplace
An office which has at least 100 employees must have a medical room and medicine cabinet to care for and temporarily isolate employees that are suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases.
Medical equipment and supply for COVID-19 prevention and control are available at appropriate locations in the office.
– Equipment: thermometers, sanitizer dispensers, QR scanner, Green Pass scanner, etc. at the office entrance.
– Medical supplies: sanitizer is available at: the office entrance, doors of working rooms, meeting rooms, guest rooms, medical rooms and restrooms; each table in the meeting rooms and guest rooms.
– There are other medical equipment and supplies for handling suspected cases according to instructions of health authorities.
5th criterion (TC5): Environmental hygiene at the workplace
- There is at least 01 restroom for every 10 female employees or 15 male employees; at least 01 hand-washing sink for every 10 employees; adequate clean water and soap in the restrooms.
- Working rooms, meeting rooms and guest rooms are sanitized at least 01 time/week; restrooms and medical room are sanitized at least 01 time/day.
- The areas are sanitized in accordance with regulations of health authorities.
- There are trash cans with lids for domestic waste and medical waste at convenient locations in the working rooms, meeting rooms, guest rooms, medical rooms and restrooms and public areas.
6th criterion (TC6): Anti-COVID-19 communications at the workplace
- Disseminate information, remind employees to implement anti-COVID=19 measures in an appropriate manner.
- Disclose contact information of the person in charge of COVID-19 prevention and control of the unit and contact information of the local health authorities in order to serve exchange of information, feedbacks and comments between the unit and the local authorities.
7th criterion (TC7): Plan for COVID-19 prevention and control at the workplace
- There is a plan for COVID-19 prevention and control at the unit, in accordance with instructions of health authorities, including a plan for handling suspected and confirmed COVID-19 cases; a plan for screening, testing employees for SARS-CoV-2 as instructed by heath authorities.
- The plan shall be revised according to actual circumstances and the assessment result and informed to the local authority for inspection.