MINING & ENERGY
We assist our clients during the complete mine life circle whether they are exploring and compiling pre-feasibility studies, looking for finance, constructing plants or infrastructures, operating mines, plants and infrastructures and during their expansion phase.
Our expertise in power and energy spans across industry sectors and includes all types of facilities – including gas, coal, and nuclear power. We also have one of the world’s most prominent alternative and renewable energy practices, which includes expertise in wind, solar, geothermal, biomass, hydroelectric and other technologies which continue to evolve. We are a leader in the development of independent transmission companies and stand-alone transmission projects as well
Here are our remarkable projects:
- Vinh Tan 4 Thermal Power Project. Advising the finance party group in Korean ECA-backed loan facility for the financing of the two x 600 MW Vinh Tan 4 Thermal Power Project to be located in Binh Thuan Province, Vietnam a sponsored by Electricity Vietnam (EVN).
- BP, Sembcorp, Kyushu Electric and Nissho Iwai (now, Sojitz) on the development and financing of the Phu My 3 project, a 716 MW combined cycle gas-fired power station, one of the first major independent power projects to be established in Vietnam;
- BP on the proposed development and financing of a fertilizer plant and 700 MW combined cycle, gas-fired power station (the original proposed Phu My 3 transaction);
- The Kien Luong coal-fired thermal power plant project;
- The Hai Duong coal-fired thermal power plant project.
- Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Corporation (VNPT) in connection with the Vinasat communications satellite project, including matters pertaining to the proposed satellite purchase agreement, regulatory matters, licensing and international regulatory matters, risk management, finance and related commercial issues;
- An international consortium from the United States, Japan and Thailand on a proposed telecommunications joint venture with a division of the Ministry of Defence of Vietnam involving the construction and operation of an electronics manufacturing facility in Hanoi and on the construction and operation of a second nationwide telecommunications network, including a fixed-line network, a mobile wireless network, a transmission backbone and international gateways;
- Masan Group Corporation, a Vietnam conglomerate, on the joint venture between H.C. Stark and Nui Phao Mining Company, a subsidiary of Masan, to establish a chemical plant in Vietnam in connection with Masan’s tungsten mine;
- Masan Group Corporation on the investment by TPG Growth by entering into agreements to acquire a 49% stake in Hoa Muoi Gio Company Limited (Masan Agriculture) to build a leading agriculture platform.